“Let R&R assist your organization in delivering invaluable historic data and information to your audience.”
In 2017 we discovered there are organizations and individuals using R&R as a means of educating and touring. The website was created to preserve and protect the Palmetto state’s rich heritage and help diseminate it to a wider audience. It appears the website is doing just that!
Explore these “free and easy” ways to use it in your community:
- Classroom Usage: Have you considered using R&R in the classroom? See Teacher Tools for a means of doing so.
- Driving Tours: Nonprofits are using it to expand the data available to those who are taking local benefit tours. R&R.com had over 500 hits the afternoon Union Co., S.C. offered a driving tour of historic sites. Their brochure simply provided links to RootsandRecall.com and each specific location. What a great opportunity to expand the participants’ knowledge of the area.
- Christmas and Event Tours: R&R is a vehicle to expand on the information available for participants taking seasonal walking tours. Link it to your brochure – it is free information! (R&R is happy to assist organizations in the enhancement of R&R pages related to organized tours. We can normally add additional instructions, images, stories and data prior to the event – if given ample time.)
- Street Names: On 1.26.17, R&R received an email that while riding a county road, a motorcyclist wanted to know the history of a name posted on a rural street sign. He looked it up on RootsandRecall.com, providing him a better understanding on his route’s history.
- Church Websites: Link your church webpage to the information provided on R&R and look into installing the TBHH decals on church entrances to share its history.
- Become a Roots and Recall member and design your own family “Favorite Pages”…. so much more!
- Implement the “This Building Has History” program in your community.
How else do you intend to use it for preserving local history? Do share your thoughts with R&R.
Membership in R&R
Stay connected with R&R, “Explore S.C. history, historic houses, & family stories…” Sign up for a R&R membership. Members receive the “From the Porch” blog, updates on regional topics, and targeted notifications of their choice. Membership also includes travel opportunities: Carolina DeJaunts. Login and prioritize your specific points of enthusiasm: R&R Login.
User comments welcome – post at the bottom of this page.
*** It is imperative that you add both email@example.com & rootsandrecall@gmail to your email contact list, otherwise communications might be interrupted!