RootsandRecall.com (R&R), was created for the purpose of using technology to provide accurate, interesting and meaningful historical content on physical locations to a web-based audience. Using a patented formula of data input, the information is compiled to allow the user access to thousands of locations showing a number of pertinent images, data, maps, charts, and written histories. Users may enjoy the site in hundreds of manners; from taking to take a glimpse into family history, recording their favorite stories, and posting images. R&R also enables the users to taking take city tours on their smart phones or iPads, discovering images of current and demolished structures, visiting their ancestral home on line, and having access to historic data on local buildings, families and sites. A recent user stated — “Just been perusing RootsandRecall.com. It is quite wonderful! I think one could quite easily say it is the new history of our county and others! “BL — 9.11.13
The R&R Scholars program is designed to streamline data entry via knowledgeable individuals to easily and accurately add information to the website with minimum oversight. A select number of individuals in each state are needed to preserve local history on R&R’s pages, they will be granted virtually unlimited access to the website, allowing them the opportunity to build new posts and submit images, address information, histories, and stories. R&R’s Scholars are currently found throughout S.C. and are making a major difference in preserving their community’s local history.
Suggested minimum criteria:
- R&R Scholars should have access to up-to-date computer technology and be proficient, after training, in entering data.
- Each R&R Scholar will be provided their own password-protected entry.
- After a trial period, R&R Scholars my represent themselves as an “R&R Scholars” and promote usage of the website.
- R&R encourages scholars to credit themselves with their own pages and entries.
- Although proven scholars will be allowed to create hundreds of posts and related photographs, R&R shall reserve the right to review, correct, remove and or edit posts contributed by R&R Scholars.
- R&R Scholars shall receive the following as part of their annual contract with R&R: access to the working “technology” of R&R’s program for building their individual posts with limited oversight, a password tied to the specific R&R Scholars for access to their own posts, training to load data to create historic posts using Word Press platform, ability permission to post their own Blogs on R&R as a (quest blogger) when the schedule and space permits, rights to have their own contributions identified (for example, “Contributed by R&R Scholar John Doe”), offer opportunity for direct input into making improvements in operation and content to the website.
- R&R Scholars are not employees of AFLLC or R&R LLC and no other benefits or wages have been offered. If you believe you meet the criteria to serve as an R&R Scholar and wish to learn more, feel free to contact the company at email@example.com. Provide a brief background, educational history, and contact information including address, phone #, and email.